Texas Historical Foundation grants provide seed money to help organizations save their own pieces of the state’s past. Proposals for the following types of projects are considered quarterly:
- Historic property restoration
- Events promoting state history to the general public
- Preservation of artifacts, archival materials, or legal documents
- Texas history curriculum in classrooms
- Publications and scholarly research in Texas history
All areas of the application, including budget information, must be completed, and requested supporting documentation is required in order to be considered for a THF grant. Proposals should be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail to P.O. Box 50314, Austin, TX 78763 before the quarterly deadlines (see box). Consult the FAQ below for more information about the application process.
Grant Follow Up
Recipients must submit a final report, signed by an organizational representative, upon completion of the funded project or within one year of the grant disbursement. Download the form (below) and send, along with supporting documents, to email@example.com or P.O. Box 50314, Austin, TX 78763.