Texas Historical Foundation grants provide seed money to help organizations save their own pieces of the state’s past. Proposals for the following types of projects are considered quarterly:
- Historic property restoration
- Events promoting state history to the general public
- Preservation of artifacts, archival materials, or legal documents
- Texas history curriculum in classrooms
- Publications and scholarly research in Texas history
- Preservation of the arts
All areas of the application, including budget information, must be completed, and requested supporting documentation is required in order to be considered for a THF grant.
Immediately after grant decisions are made, all applicants will receive a letter announcing whether their proposal was accepted or denied.
Recipients MUST submit a final report, signed by an organizational representative, with accompanying documentation upon completion of the funded project or within ONE YEAR of the grant disbursement.
|March 1||Announced mid-April|
|June 1||Announced mid-July|
|September 1||Announced mid-October|
|December 1||Announced mid-January|